The unique combination of active ingredients gives Vitamin C Tetra ampoules a powerful antioxidant and energizing effect, providing the skin with the vitamins, minerals and electrolytes necessary for the efficient functioning of the dermal cells in optimal conditions.
Vitamin C Tetra, has much improved properties compared to ascorbic acid (classic Vitamin C). It has a tissue penetration rate 3 times higher than ascorbic acid, is much more stable to oxidation, bright light and high temperature, maintaining its properties for a long time, does not exfoliate or irritate the skin and is completely converted to Vitamin C .
Stability, the main challenge of the classic form of Vitamin C is an unstable vitamin that degrades rapidly through oxidation, approximately 50% of it is destroyed after 30 minutes. It can be stabilized by keeping the formula at an acidic pH, leading to possible skin irritation with prolonged use. Learn more about Vitamin C for the skin and its benefits.
Just as water has a hard time penetrating through oil, the penetration of classic Vitamin C through the lipid layer is complicated by the fact that it is water soluble. So it remains on the surface of the skin and can only act as an antioxidant (photoprotector), without having other roles, but here too it quickly loses its effectiveness because it is not stable to light, air, oxidation.
To prevent the degradation of collagen and elastin due to UV radiation and to stimulate collagen production, Vitamin C must penetrate into the dermis (a deeper layer of the skin). Thus, this fat-soluble form of provitamin C penetrates the dermis, and there it has been shown to stimulate collagen production by 50%, while classic Vitamin C stimulates only 25%.
Oxidative stress increases with exposure to environmental pollutants and UV radiation. The skin is the most exposed organ to reactive oxygen species (ROS). The increase in oxidative stress leads to an increase in the synthesis of melanin, a thinning and fragility of the skin, a decrease in the synthesis of collagen and the rapid degradation of the existing one, resulting in wrinkles, pigment spots and an uneven complexion.
Compared to ascorbic acid, Provitamin C Tetra is able to exert an effect of counteracting the effect of free radicals for a longer time (up to 40 hours), while ascorbic acid eliminates free radicals for up to 30 minutes and after that it has no more activity . Provitamin C Tetra improves skin texture and stimulates cell activity, maintaining cell integrity (a study on tissue damaged with hydrogen peroxide showed a 100% cell survival rate).
Coenzyme Q10 works in synergy with Vitamin C, preventing skin aging. It is an essential component of energy metabolism and also a powerful lipophilic antioxidant. It forms the first group in the rejection of oxygen radicals that can appear as waste products in oxidative cellular metabolism.
The active mineral complex improves oxygenation and cellular metabolism, while limiting the production of free radicals. It stimulates the increase of cellular energy (ATP) and slows down the aging processes of the skin: it prevents the formation of wrinkles and improves skin elasticity. In-vivo tests* demonstrate a smoothing of the skin in 76% of volunteers and a reduction in the depth of wrinkles in 60% of volunteers after 28 days of use with a frequency of 2 times/day.
* tests carried out by the manufacturer of the active ingredient
Panthenol (provitamin B5) has recognized moisturizing properties and plays an important role in accelerating cell regeneration.
Citrus extract rich in vitamins has a tonic, energizing and refreshing effect. It is a mixture of fruit juices (organic acids and vitamins): apple, kiwi, orange, grapefruit, malic acid and almond extract (proteins and amino acids). It is known that fruit acids have a purifying and regenerating action.
- Malic acid protects the skin and effectively neutralizes the effects of pollution, giving softness and shine to the skin.
- Kiwi has an increased content in acids, pectin, B vitamin complex, calcium, potassium, Vitamin C. A large kiwi fruit can provide the daily requirement of Vitamin C (Liebster G, Levin H-G. Warenkunde Obst und Gemuse, Band 1- Obst .Walter Hadecke Verlag, Weil der Stadt, 1999).
- Almonds contain proteins, zinc, copper, amino acids (glutamic acid, aspartic acid, arginine). Low molecular weight peptides isolated from almonds have analgesic and anti-inflammatory activity.
- Grapefruit contains flavonoids, organic acids, calcium, phosphorus, iron, sodium, potassium, Vitamin A and 122 mg Vitamin C (Heinermann J. Heinerman’s encyclopedia of healing juices. Reward Books, Paramus, NJ 07652, 1994), with tonic effects, of refreshing and slightly exfoliating. Orange fruits have moisturizing, anti-inflammatory, tonic, invigorating properties. (Plants in cosmetics. Committee of Experts on Cosmetic Product. Volume 2. Council of European Publishing. Strasbourg, 2001).
Use: The ampoule is positioned with the blue break point in front and the serum at the bottom of it. Before breaking, the ampoule is wrapped in a tissue to protect the hands. Without touching the breaking area, the contents of the ampoule are carefully poured into the palm and gently applied to the freshly cleansed face. The entire content of an ampoule is used in a single application. After the absorption of the serum, apply the daily maintenance cream.
The ampoules are used in the morning or in the evening, in courses of 10 days. For long-term effects, apply the treatment monthly.